Introducing the other half of my Mean Lean 2017 Plan. I thought that the Make Nine Challenge was such a great way to jump start my year why not use it to inspire my quilting too. This is my Quilt Nine Plan, some of these are things that I want to finish or start. Some of them are just things that I am inspired by. Looking at my picks, I was surprised that I have quite few seasonally inspired quilts in the mix.
- Donut Quilt by Pen and Paper Patterns and for Love Pathcwork & Quilting
This one is part request from a special someone and part inspired by a book. I can not wait to see what this one turns out to be. If you are looking fro the pattern you can find it in Issue 37 of Love Patchwork & Quilting
2. The Make Do Challenge, I love the idea of using what you have and continuing to love it after its original use has ended. The idea behind it is inspired by Sherri Lynn Wood and trying to do a small part to eliminate textile waste by using salvaged clothing or textiles to make a quilt.
3. The first of my seasonally inspired quilts to pop up. I love the way that Nicole of Modern Handcraft interpreted this great pattern by Sherri K. Falls from her book Holiday Wishes. We have very bright and cheery holiday decorations with a mid century feel, aluminium tree included. this Quilt is the perfect holiday quilt for our house and I cant wait to stare at my color card for hours deciding on the perfect shades to use. this is also a bit of a challenge to my self to try and use mostly solids.
4. I am going to call this my 2nd seasonally inspired quilt. I participated in the #pineapplequiltblockswap on instagram and I have 20 pineapples all stitched up and ready to turn into a quilt.
5. In my opinion you cant have pineapples hanging around without flamingos. I have been dreaming of a flamingo quilt fro a few years and this year I want to at least get a solid plan together.
6. On-Point Quilt by Sew Fresh Quilts
I bought this pattern, picked and bought and fabric last January. I even cut all the fabric last January. Then it just sat and sat and sat. This year I will finish it.
7. The Collection Quilt by Carolyn Friedlander
This quilt has been on my wishlist for a while, I can not wait to get started on this and spend the year truly slow stitching.
8. Stars and Stripes by Thimble Blossoms.
I absolutely adore this quilt and can see it being used for picnic after picnic.
9. The Quilt by Me
Last but not least is this lovely monster. This quilt is truly a labor of love and sweat and tears and a few years. I would love to have this finished by November so that we can use it this winter.